Creating a Noticeboard
This document describes how to replace the default view of the Worksite Information pane by providing a notice board/introduction to your site. This makes the site more welcoming to students and helps make them aware of your presence. The Noticeboard doesn't have to stay the same; it can be replaced with newer versions at regular intervals and it may be worth creating a 'Noticeboard' folder to save the files.
Create the HTML page
Create the HTML page that will be your Noticeboard page
- Beside the Noticeboard folder, select Create HTML Page from the Add drop-down menu.
You can then type and format text, you can also add images, links, etc.
- Click Continue
Type a filename in the Name box, 'Noticeboard' would be an appropriate choice.
There is no need to change any other settings.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the page.
The saved file will appear in the Noticeboard folder.
You will then have to link Worksite Information to the HTML file and the URL of the file is needed to do this.
- Right-click on the filename, click Copy Shortcut (Internet Explorer) or Copy Link Location (Firefox).
The URL for the HTML page is now in the Windows clipboard.
- Click Site Home.
- Click Options in the Worksite Information pane.
- In the Title box, type Noticeboard.
- Delete the text in the Site Info URL box.
- Right-click in the Site Info URL box and click Paste toadd the URL of your Noticeboard.
- Place your cursor in the Site Info URL box and if there is already text in there delete it.
- Click Update Options to implement the changes.